Share this recipe
Cauliflower Waldorf salad
Cauliflowers make wonderful, year-round salads, and with this recipe you could use white, purple, or the beautiful green Romanesco variety of cauliflowers. The brightness of the apples and the crunch of the nuts make this a delicious lunch party starter or even as a side salad to accompany a roast chicken. There are lots of lovely British blue cheeses to choose from, many of which are not strong tasting.
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Serves:||4 as a side salad|
What You’ll need:
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
100g soft blue cheese
50g walnut pieces
A handful of basil leaves
150g crème fraiche
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Sea salt and pepper
What to do:
1. Break the cauliflower into small florets, removing and discarding the tough stalks. Slice the florets into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Core and slice the apple, and place in a bowl. Mix in the lemon juice, to ensure the apple slices do not go brown. Set aside.
3. Slice the blue cheese, chop the walnuts and tear the basil all into small pieces.
4. In a small bowl mix the crème fraiche with olive oil, vinegar, sea salt and pepper. Taste the dressing for seasoning, adding extra if need be.
5. Place the cauliflower, apple, blue cheese and walnut pieces and the crème fraiche dressing in a large salad bowl. Toss the salad well, so that all the ingredients are covered with dressing and serve.