Share this recipe
Aaron Craze’s swede ice cream
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||4 hours|
What You’ll need:
300g peeled, diced swede
500ml mascarpone cheese
210g caster sugar
1 vanilla pod
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
What to do:
1. In a pan boil the honey, vanilla and swede. Bring to the boil, and add 10g of caster sugar.
2. Boil until the swede is soft then puree using a blender.
3. Cool the puree and whip the mascarpone. Fold the puree into the mascarpone and whisk in the egg yolks.
4. Whisk the egg whites til they form soft peaks and fold into the mascarpone and swede mixture.
5. Pour into ice cream tubs and set in the freezer for at least 4 hours.